Linda & Tom Coates
Max & David Glynn
Nellie & Max Levchin
Victoria & Phillip Raiser
Kristin & Rick Baehner
Catherine & Robert Hale
Camille & Brad Marks
Cryztal & Robert Sayle
Nicole & Robert Simon
FIVE THINGS YOU DON'T KNOW ABOUT ME!
1. Growing up I wanted to be Robin Hood. I had a camp in the forest and made my own bows and arrows.
2. The oldest Nun in our school at the 150 year celebration, seeing my picture announced that I was the boldest girl in the history of the school.
3. I drove solo from New York to San Francisco in three days.
4. I learned to surf at Stinson Beach.
5. I had a Rook as a pet. He was missing a leg so I fitted him with a wooden one.
1. I am the eldest of six girls.
2. I love to cook.
3. I have been at SLS for 41 years.
4. I shook hands with Pope John Paul II in the audience hall at St. Peter's.
5. I was on a TV exercise show for a week.
1. I am second generation born and raised in Seattle, and I do love wild salmon, coffee, and rain.
2. I went to school in Vermont and hung out on a lot of farms. Highlights were learning how to make cheese and maple syrup.
3. I love talking in a British accent.
4. I love skiing and have been skiing since I could walk; in college I taught kids ski and snowboard lessons in Sugarbush mountain in Vermont.
5. Before I came to SLS, I worked at Cowgirl Creamery at the Ferry Building where I learned how to break down 100 pound wheels of Parmigiano-Reggiano and Gruyere.
1. I have two married daughters who live in the City and both are in their thirties. (It can happen!)
2. Dennis, my husband, and I are over-the-moon grandparents of six month old Rory Rogan. (We are both working on that "r" sound with him!)
3. I love to eat so I cook (I'm not that great though).
4. I have hiked in seven National Parks in the past four years. My favorite is hard to say, but Capital Reef in Utah has some amazing rocks.
5. For a few years now I've walked to work and back. This lets me consistently beat all other staff challenges with the Fitbit, unless I forget to wear it! (I'm so glad SLS didn't move to the Mission.)
1. I am German.
2. I ride a Vespa.
3. Cooking is my yoga. I totally zone out minus the exercise factor.
4. I love the city but hate pigeons. I stop breathing when I see one.
5. I love to travel. I have been to 31 countries.
6. I could live without TV but not without music. I love ANY kind of live music.
1. I was named after my dad's favorite actress from Charlie's Angels, Jaclyn Smith.
2. I was born on Easter Sunday. My birthday also fell on Easter when I was 5, but it won't happen again until I'm 84!
3. When I was in preschool, I fearlessly chopped off all of my hair with a pair of kid's scissors (my mother nearly fainted). Since then my hair has been long, short, black, blonde, brunette, and once even blue!
4. While there are many incredible restaurants in San Francisco, some things just taste better in New York. So every time I fly home, I save space in my suitcase to bring back some of my favorite foods - rainbow cookies, bagels, and even an entire pizza have all made the trip.
5. My favorite animal has always been the starfish, and like a sea star, my happy place is swimming in the ocean on a hot summer day.
1. I used to deliver newspapers on horseback.
2. I taught english to preschool children in Africa.
3. My hair is super curly.
4. I qualified for the junior olympics in swimming.
5. I have had 15 different types of pets.
1. I love reading and always have at least one book with me at all times!
2. My children are my pride and joy!
3. I won a Grammy.
4. I really want a Pomsky puppy.
5. Singing saved my life.
1. My grandfather's family helped start Abercrombie & Fitch.
2. I did fundraising for Cystic Fibrosis.
3. I worked with Richard Simmons.
4. I beach camped around Corsica in my 20s.
5. I "did time" in Dallas.
1. I've got the travel bug big time... 28 countries and counting!
2. My favorite place in the world is West Marin.
3. When not at SLS you can usually find me in a yoga studio or with a new mom... I work as a postpartum and birth doula on the side!
4. I studied art and design in school and still paint regularly.
5. Mrs. Murray and Ms. Morgan are my aunts!
ABOUT OUR SCHOOL
SLS is an independent, non-sectarian, coeducational preschool providing preliminary education for children, ages two and a half to six years old. Known for its excellence in kindergarten preparation, SLS is a leading preschool in San Francisco. SLS accepts students without regard to race, color, creed, and national and ethnic origin.